Need your door installed?
Contact us as we offer a composite door installation service to most parts of the UK.
This section is only meant as a guide to help an experienced tradesperson carry out an installation with assistance. At least two people are required to carry out the installation of the composite doors, as some parts are heavy. We do not accept any liability for inaccurate or poorly installed composite doors.
These instructions should be read and completely understood before any work commences.
- Remove outer packaging carefully and DO NOT run a knife down the face of the product as damage could occur.
- Check composite door is correct specification, hinged on the correct side, opens the correct way and all ancillaries are present. Any defects or missing parts must be reported immediately.
- Before removing existing door check that the new door will fit in the existing opening and that a suitable lintel is fitted above the doorway.
- Observe health & safety recommendations when lifting and positioning all heavy objects.
- Care should be taken when handling the composite door, help should be sought due to the weight.
- Avoid sharp edges.
- Follow the manufactures instructions when using steps, and other tools.
- Keep electrical leads and cables away from sharp and abrasive surfaces and protect against tension and moisture.
- An RCD breaker should be used as per the manufactures instructions to protect from electric shock.
- Keep children and pets away from building operations.
- All waste products should be disposed of correctly and safely.
Notice for doors supplied with Butt Hinges
Our composite doors supplied with butt hinges are fixed to the door frame with two screws per hinge for transportation purposes only.
There are two more screws per hinge supplied with the door.
To make the installation easier we recommend the door leaf is removed from its frame before fixing. Ensure the door frame is square
within the aperture before securing to the brickwork. Then re-attach the door leaf to the fixed frame whilst making sure you have an equal
gap around the door leaf.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ALL SUPPLIED HINGE SCREWS ARE USED.
REMEMBER: BEFORE BEGINNING COMPOSITE DOOR INSTALLATION:
Re-measure the existing door and frame.
Carefully remove all packaging from your new door and dispose of it responsibly.
Measure the new composite door to ensure it will fit, before removing the old door.